Lincoln’s Nineteenth Street will be closed from Wismer Street to King Street starting Tuesday.
The closure, because of work by Enbridge Gas, is expected to last three days starting Tuesday at 7 a.m. A town advisory said there will be no interruption in service to residents and businesses.
It also offered the following detour routes:
- When heading north, head down Main Street and join Nineteenth Street at the Wismer Street Intersection.
- When heading south, head down Wismer Street, south on Main Street and join King Street.
During the closure, Nineteenth Street will be available for local and business access only from the north end. Enbridge Gas will have an open excavation just north of King Street.
The town advisory said residents can expect the following activities:
- Setup traffic plan with barriers and cones
- Complete excavation and staging of equipment
- Complete gas connections
- Purge existing gas main (may smell “rotten eggs” for a few minutes but it is harmless and will dissipate quickly)
- Backfill and reinstate road surface, sidewalks, and boulevard
- Disassemble traffic plan – removal of barriers and cones
Any questions or concerns can be directed to:
- James Callaghan, Enbridge Gas: 905-641-6714
- Dave Bader, Town of Lincoln: 289-668-8819