As eligibility for a COVID-19 vaccine opened up to those age 50+ this morning, the Niagara Region issued a bulletin with vaccine clinics that have available booking slots.
It reported that are appointments available at the following Niagara Region Public Health vaccination clinics:
- May 9 – Wainfleet, Firefighters’ Community Hall
- May 9-10 – Fort Erie, Leisureplex
- May 15-16 – Niagara-on-the-Lake, Community Centre
- May 15, 23, 26 & 27 – Port Colborne, Vale Health and Wellness Centre
- May 16-22 – Pelham, Meridian Community Centre
- May 24-25, 28 – West Lincoln, Community Centre
- May 29-30 – Niagara Falls, MacBain Community Centre
On Thursday morning, the provincial booking portal and call centre opened to the following groups:
- Individuals turning age 50 in 2021 or older
- Individuals with high-risk health conditions. For details on who is included in this group, visit niagararegion.ca/covid-vaccine. One essential caregiver can also be immunized if the individual requires regular and sustained assistance with personal care and/or activities of daily living.
- People who cannot work from home who are in Group One (including remaining elementary and secondary school workers)
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis individuals (in addition to the other channels previously available to book their appointment)
Others already able to book an appointment through the provincial portal and call centre include:
- Those age 18+ with a postal code starting with ‘L2G’
- Pregnant individuals and an essential caregiver
- Highest-risk individuals with health conditions and an essential caregiver. For details on who is included in these groups, visit niagararegion.ca/covid-vaccine.
Priority populations who were previously only able to book via the provincial call centre are now also able to book online through the provincial portal.
These include individuals with the highest risk health conditions, child care workers in licenced child care settings and education workers who provide direct support to students with special education needs.
Eligible residents can book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination either online through the provincial portal at Ontario.ca/bookvaccine or by calling the provincial booking system at 1-833-943-3900.
Almost 38 per cent of Niagara Region residents have been vaccinated so far.