A Grimsby man with ties to the Hamilton area was arrested on drug charges Thursday by Hamilton police.
Police were granted a search warrant for a residential Grimsby address located near the North Service Road and Winston Road, and for a vehicle belonging to the man.
As a result, Everton Frost, a 21-year-old Grimsby man appeared in court at the John Sopinka Courthouse Friday to face firearm and drug-related charges.
Police say Frost was arrested outside his residence in his vehicle. Police searched him and found cocaine and Percocet pills. Police also found and seized a loaded Glock handgun. The man’s car, a two-door 2013 Mercedes Benz, was seized by police.
In the man’s residence, police say they found drugs, drug paraphernalia and a prohibited weapon.
Here is a list of what police seized:
- Cocaine valued at $4800
- Unknown pills
- Percocet pills valued at $200
- Canadian currency (amount undisclosed)
- Conductive Energy Weapon
- Two digital scales
- Drug paraphernalia
- Two cocaine press units
- 2013 Mercedes Benz two-door
- Glock handgun
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking-Cocaine
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking-Oxycodone
- Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
- Several Firearm-related offences
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon (Conducted Energy Weapon)
- Possession contrary to prohibition order x 4
Police are asking the public for information related to this crime. Any that can provide assistance is asked to contact Detective Sergeant Jason Cattle by calling 905-546-3887. You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your an anonymous tip online at http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com