On Monday November 1st, 2021, at 8:00am officers from 3 District Uniform Patrol responded to the intersection of Niagara Street and Thorold Road, in the City of Welland regarding a hit and run motor vehicle collision involving a backhoe.
Responding officers located the backhoe nearby and a traffic stop was conducted. The driver displayed signs of impairment and was subsequently arrested.
Jeremy WEST (44 years) of Port Colborne is charged with the following offences:
• Impaired Operation (drug) – Contrary to section 320.14(1)(A) of the Criminal Code of Canada
• Possession of a schedule I substance (crystal meth) – Contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substances Act
• Obstruct peace officer – Contrary to section 129(A) of the Criminal Code of Canada
• Fail to remain – Contrary to section 200(1)(A) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
• Drive motor vehicle no licence – Contrary to section 32(1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
WEST was released on a Form 10 Undertaking and will appear in court on December 3rd, 2021, at 102 East Main Street, in the City of Welland.
Witnesses to the collision are asked to contact Constable Gurica at 905-688-4111 extension #1023300.