Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) detectives assigned to 3 District (Welland / Port Colborne) continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding a shooting investigation in the City of Port Colborne that occurred on May 18th, 2022.
As a result of the investigation, detectives have identified all three suspects. Two suspects have been arrested and charged and the third suspect has been released unconditionally.
Matthew CHUPIL (22 years) of Stoney Creek is charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
• Discharge a firearm into a place in a reckless manor
• Possession restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence
• Possession of a firearm, weapon, or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
• Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
• Possession of a weapon
• Fail to comply with probation order
Jayden TITTLE (19 years) of Hamilton is charged with the following Criminal Code offence:
• Discharge a firearm into a place in a reckless manor (Accessory)
Both CHUPIL and TITTLE were held in-custody pending a bail hearing. TITTLE attended a bail hearing on May 30th, 2022 and was released from custody on a release order/undertaking. CHUPIL remains in custody at the Niagara Detention Centre and is scheduled for a bail hearing on June 2nd, 2022.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the lead detective by calling 905-688-4111, dial option 3, extension 1009395.
Members of the public who wish to provide information anonymously can contact Crime Stoppers of Niagara online or by calling 1-800-222-8477. Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards to persons who contact the program with information which leads to an arrest.