As Niagara Region communities enter Stage 3 of the COVID-19 reopening, towns have begun to reopen services and facilities to the public.
Playgrounds are on the list. West Lincoln and Grimsby will be opening playgrounds today, July 24, 2020. Lincoln will open its playgrounds on Monday July 27.
Town officials are reminding residents that playground equipment is not to be sanitized, and should be used at your own risk. COVID-19 guidelines and requirements will remain in place, so social distancing during use as well as handwashing before and after use is recommended. Children must maintain a two-meter distance from each other when on the play structures.
Residents are also reminded to be considerate of other users when using playground facilities. If the playground is busy, consider delaying the visit until physical distancing requirements are possible. Additionally, consider shorter visits and user rotation is recommended so that more children get to enjoy the facilities, while still keeping safe.
Other town facilities opening in West Niagara in the upcoming weeks include:
Grimsby Facilities Reopening Dates:
- Playgrounds on July 24
- Sports Fields – Week of July 27th
- Personal Training and Group Fitness Classes – Week of July 27
- Grimsby Public Library Computer Appointments – Week of Aug. 4
- Pathstone Mental Health Program Appointments (Library) – Week of Aug. 4
- Peach King Centre Weight Room – Week of Aug. 4
Lincoln Facilities Reopening Dates:
- Playgrounds on July 27
- Town Hall, the Fleming Centre, and Lincoln Public Libraries – Aug. 10, 2020
West Lincoln Facilities Reopening Dates:
- Playgrounds open on July 27.
- Tennis courts, boats launches, fields, parks, trails, etc. are open for public use.
- Sports fields will become open for bookings and organizations will be granted permits once safety measures, new protocols following public health guidelines, and inspections are concluded.
Town of Grimsby website
Town of Lincoln website
Town of West Lincoln website – what is closed