In April 2022, detectives from the Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS), 2 District (Niagara Falls/Niagara-On-The-Lake) Street Crime Unit, commenced an investigation into the distribution of illegal drugs within the City of Niagara Falls.
In the evening hours of April 12th, 2022, detectives executed a search warrant in the area of Culp Street and Franklin Avenue, in the City of Niagara Falls. One suspect was arrested inside the residence, and another was arrested nearby at the intersection of Main Street and Ferry Street, also in the City of Niagara Falls. As a result of the investigation 10.3 grams of fentanyl, 3.2 grams of crystal methamphetamine, and 1,660 grams of marijuana was seized. The combined estimated street value is $12,880. Detectives also seized $6,000 worth of power tools believed to have been previously stolen and over $15,000 in cash believed to be acquired through the proceeds of crime.
John HICKS (47 years) of Niagara Falls is charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine x2 – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000 – Criminal Code of Canada
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 – Criminal Code of Canada
Na’El ALMAHSHI (36 years) of Niagara Falls is charged with the following offence:
• Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing – Cannabis Act
Both HICKS and ALMAHSHI were released on an Undertaking and are scheduled to appear at the Robert S.K. Welch Courthouse located at 59 Church Street, in the City of St. Catharines on June 16th, 2022.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact detectives at 905-688-4111, extension #1022200.