COVID-19 vaccinations have started in Grimsby

Shalom Manor Shalom Manor Photo credit: Google Maps

Niagara Region Public Health is reporting that COVID-19 vaccinations that it started a week ago now include residents of four facilities that care for the elderly in Grimsby.

NRPH is reporting that 64.2 per cent of residents at Deer Park Villa, a nursing home in Grimsby at 150 Central Ave., have received at least a COVID-19 vaccination doses. With the remaining 35.8 per cent still to be dosed.

It said that 97.5 per cent of residents at Kilean Lodge, at 83 Main St E, also in Grimsby have been vaccinated. The remainder have deferred the vaccination due to a medical reason.

Residents at Shalom Manor and Gardens has two facilities at 12 Bartlett Ave in Grimsby. It’s Garden Apartments retirement facility has a 77.1 per cent vaccination completion, with 8.6 per cent of residents declining the vaccination. The remainder deferred due to medical conditions. At Shalom Manor 96.3 per cent of residents have had a vaccination with 2.2 per cent refusing a dose and the remainder deferred due to medical condition.

NRPH says 71.9 per cent of long-term care homes in the region have had doses administered. 7.1 per cent of the high-risk retirement homes in the region have residents that have received does.