Fall branch collection for Niagara Region starts on Monday, Nov. 2 and continues through to Nov. 27.
The collection service applies to all Niagara Region residents living in single-family homes and apartments with six units or less.
Branches can be left curbside for pick-up or dropped off at one of the region’s waste and recycling drop-off depots. This is available year-round and free of charge. Other types of yard waste can also be dropped off at these locations.
Important things to remember during branch collection:
- Branches must be tied in bundles
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your regular collection day, or placed out the night before after 5 p.m.
- During the weeks of fall branch collection, branches are often collected in a separate collection truck than Green Bin material
For more information on the region’s waste management services, you can visit the Niagara Region website or call the waste info-line at 905-356-4141 or 1-800-594-5542.